1. Handwritten letters still matter.
2. It is worth waking up before the sun to head outside to see it rise.
3. Walking is meditation.
4. Watching a robin nest her eggs and then feed her babies is always magical.
5. Life is like a poem. Some days hold a theme. Some moments are metaphors.
6. Witnessing forgiveness without an apology is pure love in action.
7. Place matters: front porches, childhood homes, the kitchen table, overstuffed bedrooms, the smell of a baby's head.
8. The human body is holy.
9. Death is like birth.
10. The pause in breath between the exhale and the inhale is full of possibilities.
11. Teenagers and toddlers are strangely similar.
12. Creativity always heals.
13. Never be mean. Life is too short.