Wednesday 22 May 2013

old patterns

You know the setting sun must be beautiful when the houses on the east side of the street reflect a red hue.

Tonight, just past 9pm, I hurried my three older children into the car so we might catch the colour of the sky over Lake Erie.  Absolute beauty. With the water in the west all red, it was difficult to see the line between sky and sea, and we could see darkness moving slowly across the water when we looked eastward.

I found myself whispering and then wondering why I was whispering.  There is a holiness found in the natural and rhythmic patterns of life   And when my 7 year old said something about his Nanny, I realized that old patterns are healing and make life more meaningful.

Of course--my mother and I loved to catch a red sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment